Senior Cost Estimator, Development and Construction - Seattle, WA
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, the Senior Cost Estimator, Development and Construction will be responsible for budget development, ongoing budget tracking, reporting, and budget compliance for complex development projects managed by the Strategic Initiatives Team. These initiatives typically follow an accelerated timeline and are essential to Tilray’s growth.
The successful Senior Cost Estimator is comfortable in an engineering and construction environment. The individual is a specialist in commercial and industrial construction cost estimating and budget management with a demonstrated ability to forecast costs in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Accurately predict the cost, size, and duration of future construction projects.
- Prepare conceptual, future project cost estimates using limited preliminary design documents or information. Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades.
- Prepare and manage budgets for multiple complex projects concurrently according to a detailed process.
- Evaluate a general contractor’s product or processes for cost-effectiveness. Review material and labor cost estimates of the general contractor and subcontractor. Review contractor invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Write detailed requirements and scope descriptions. Maintain a thorough understanding of the project requirements, scope descriptions and assumptions underlying the budget.
- Evaluate construction progress in the field and correlate it to actual and forecasted use of funds.
- Assist senior leaders in analyzing proposed plans and changes in scope. Find alternatives if the projected results are unsatisfactory. Analyze multiple project business scenarios to determine the most economically beneficial option.
- Administer the Purchase Order system for construction and development costs.
- Develop and deliver strong written and oral communication to present compelling and objective recommendations for action or decision.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of people, ranging from contractors, consultants, domain subject matter experts, and executive-level stakeholders.
- Scope of role is global, with moderate travel to project sites.
- Using excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrating flexibility to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction, civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering or a bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, such as accounting, or finance
- 4 years experience in cost estimating in commercial/industrial construction or engineering.
- Detailed understanding of engineered drawings for all disciplines (civil, structural, architectural, MEP, P&ID) and an ability to collaborate with engineers, architects, suppliers, and contractors on estimates
- Hands-on experience with ERP software
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and a focus on process
- Experience working in a cross-functional business environment
- Strong presentation, written, and client interaction skills. Strong Executive reporting skills
- Experience working with and around sensitive or confidential business information