Senior Developer - Toronto ON
Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates. Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Project Data Analyst, the Developer is tasked with developing, implementing, maintaining and enhancing Windows and Web applications built in .NET (C# 4.5 and VB.Net), working collaboratively in a team of developers and business analysts. This candidate will need to learn the structure of manufacturing line-of-business sass software application and be able to locate and repair problems in the code as well as make enhancements within the framework of the existing application platforms. Code changes need to meet quality standards and the need of the end users.
Role and Responsibilities
- Integrate multiple systems such as Acumatica ERP, Ecommerce, Patient Data, Labelling Systems, etc.
- Design and develop third party integrations
- Assist in the Systems Architect of Tilray systems
- Development, as required, to enhance operability of systems
- Systematic debugging and troubleshooting including system level and kernel mode debugging
- Ensure that Tilray’s release process is adhered to
- Ensure that all pertinent Tilray rules and regulations are adhered to
- Ensure all work is documented
- Must have post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a developer and integrating within an ERP
- Progressive professional experience working in C#/.Net
- Experience using Acumatica software is an asset
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications; especially Excel
- Experience with project delivery framework and application development
- Aptitude for designing and coding software and a desire to do quality work
- Experience with C# 4.5, VB.NET, or equivalent using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Experience working with SQL databases, TCP/IP networking, and multi-threading
- Experience working with MS SQL and Oracle databases, stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Knowledge of object orientated software development
- Time management skills to handle multiple task assignments and prioritize work appropriately
- The drive and natural tendency to keep their technology skills up to date
- Good verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work with users inside the company
- Comfortable worth source code control software such as VSS, and project management software for bug issues
- Have completed multiple third-party API integration projects
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and real-time computing concepts
- Experience with build, version control, and issue tracking systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing transactions and basic accounting principles is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple ETL tools
- Experience with BI reporting Tools (Power BI, Tableau)