High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise and Mentor the Production Leads, and 8 - 12 Production Technicians.
- in the safe and effective execution of all greenhouse duties for Production in accordance with established company policy safety, quality and compliance values.
- Consistently evaluate worker safety, quality, SOP compliance and schedule status.
- Act as the main point of contact for all Growers to discuss and prioritize the weekly crop maintenance activities.
- Pre-plan work events and input metrics.
- Coordinate and lead Pre-Harvest Meetings.
- Coordinate and lead morning meetings for Production Technician’s.
- Compose and update the weekly schedule for all Production Technician’s for the following greenhouse activities and propagation rooms.
- De-leafing and Pruning activities.
- Regularly scheduled IPM applications.
- Crop support.
- Greenhouse sanitation.
- Irrigation and drain checks.
- Pre-veg activities.
- Cutting for cloning sessions.
- Shaping and pruning the mother plants.
- Greenhouse resets and potential culls.
- All other duties as required.
- Communicate to the Head Grower, current work status and subsequent deviation within established timelines.
- Communicates with Manufacturing Manager on impending harvests and cure room take downs.
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental SOP’s.
- Attend all lead grower’s meetings.
- Cover Holidays and perform all Lead Grower duties in their absence, on call rotation with Growers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have High School diploma.
- Able to determine and prioritize proper team size per activity.
- 18-24 months’ supervisory experience.
- Able to lead a group of individuals and provide feedback on their successes and failures.
- Willing to take on worker safety liabilities while in a Supervisory role.
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies.
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures.
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be able to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.