High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Supervisor - Leamington, ON
Reporting to the Head Grower, the Integrated Pest Management Supervisor will work closely with all Growers and Production Leads and Production Technicians to identify and coordinate all greenhouse requirements during the scheduled life cycle set forth by the Head Grower.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise and Mentor 4-6 Production Technicians, in IPM, with the possibility of increase as the company expands.
- Apply safe and effective execution of all greenhouse duties for Production in accordance with established company policy safety, quality and compliance values.
- Consistently evaluate worker safety, quality, SOP compliance and schedule status.
- Act as the main point of contact for all Growers to discuss and prioritize the weekly crop pest and disease activities.
- Order IPM products for pest and disease management.
- Act as the main point of contact for ordering Beneficials, Bio-Pesticides and Fungicides; working closely with the Head Grower and Procurement Manager.
- Pre-plan work events and input metrics whilst working closely with the Production Scheduler.
- Compose and update the weekly schedule for all Production Technician’s for the following greenhouse activities and propagation rooms.
- Regularly scheduled IPM applications.
- All other duties as required.
- Communicate to the Head Grower, current work status and subsequent deviation within established timelines.
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental SOP’s.
- Attend all Production meetings.
- Cover Holidays and perform all Supervisors duties in their absence.
- Verify and inspect all BIOS shipments upon arrival and store shipments accordingly.
- Must maintain and keep all IPM inventory logs up-to-date.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Must have High School diploma.
- Able to determine and prioritize proper team size per activity.
- 18-24 months’ supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a greenhouse setting is favorable and considered an asset.
- Able to lead a group of individuals and provide feedback on their successes and failures.
- Willing to take on worker safety liabilities while in a Supervisory role.
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies.
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures.
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems.
- Ability to undergo and further professional development on an annual basis.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be able to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.