High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Maintenance Supervisor - Leamington, ON
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Maintenance and Facilities groups within the department. They will provide day-to-day direction and support to the Maintenance team as well as plan maintenance work to be completed and ensure execution of these tasks. This supervisor will use their experience and skills to provide troubleshooting and problem-solving support in all areas of the facility. They will supervise the Facilities Support team to ensure that the site is kept to industry standards and the equipment sanitation is being completed properly and effectively.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Maintenance and Facilities Support team members are complying with site standards at all times (keys focus on safety in the workplace, product quality and critical task completion).
- Run daily toolbox talk with the team members to ensure proper direction is provided for the day and the team is up to date on all requirements.
- Site expert for CMMS software (tracking schedules, writing work orders, creating new Asset IDs, developing new PMs)
- Supports QA initiatives through Change Control procedures, creation of new SOPs, participation in CAPA/risk management reviews and developing standards for maintenance and facilities support requirements.
- Development of new tools and standards (checklists, trackers, etc.), in conjunction with operating departments, to ensure that equipment is functioning and being used effectively and potential failures are identified and resolved prior to downtime events.
- Support new equipment installation through executing IQOQs and providing guidance and direction during planning, install and commissioning as required.
- Ensure that critical equipment sanitation is being performed effectively and efficiently through development of new procedures, improvement of current procedures, reviewing new methods and technology in the industry, and working with vendors and suppliers on alternate or new methods and means as required.
- Responsible for contractor management and working with outside support for Facilities and Maintenance tasks.
- Utilize controls systems (Building Automation System, Priva Greenhouse Controls System, etc.) to support operating departments requirements, troubleshoot issues and concerns, and determine repairs as required.
- Support utilities improvement initiatives (tracking, trending, reduction, optimization, etc.)
- Provide root-cause problem solving methodology to the Maintenance and Facilities teams.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by Facilities Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of post-secondary CEGEP/vocational or technical training is considered an asset.
- Certified technician in a relevant trade, i.e.. Mechanic, Instrumentation, Electrician etc. is considered an asset.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience
- Knowledge and experience with DDC, DCS, BAS, or BMS process control software would be an asset
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to document all work
- Must be task oriented and be able to keep the Facilities Maintenance team occupied and working with the rest of the High Park team to keep production on schedule
- Proven ability to effectively use technology in the workplace (MS Office, CMMS, Controls Systems, etc.)
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.