Director of Supply Chain, Canada - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Global VP of Supply Chain, the Director of Canadian Supply Chain will lead the development and implementation of business-driven strategies and implementation of solutions to support business and customer demand.
The incumbent will be responsible for implementation of best practices in the areas of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Purchasing/co-manufacturing.
Roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate and propose new solutions to drive excellence and efficiencies throughout the entire value chain. In this role, the Director is responsible for implementation of pragmatic solutions to meet/exceed customer and business requirements
- Develop/enhance supply chain KPIs, reports, and business processes/cadences to ensure continuous improvements
- In collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and Operations develop inventory, procurement, and customer service strategies to support the commercial needs of the organization
- Identify resource gaps, system requirements, and develop short and long-term solutions accordingly
- Implement and maintain best practices in demand forecasting and planning, order management, supply and inventory management, Sales and Operations Planning, 3rd party relationships, and develop and implement strategic procurement activities in collaboration with operational buyers
- An established track record of providing service excellence and innovative solutions in a dynamic business environment undergoing significant growth and process transformation
- As a senior leader work collaboratively with other stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives in support of growth objectives
- A track record of building and motivating teams of committed, dedicated well-aligned professionals that deliver results; a collaborative approach; proven ability to achieve results through others
- Develops and orchestrates system wide supply chain optimizations in the areas of revenue growth, cost, delivery, and working capital. Recommends new capacity or other supply projects/sources
- Leads collaborative efforts across internal partners to solve complex supply chain issues
- Implements supply chain innovations in the areas of collaboration, capable to promise, order fulfillment, and planning optimization
- BS or MS in Business, Engineering, Sciences or other related field
- Knowledge of Acumatica ERP is considered an asset
- At least 5-10 years of progressive leadership experience in end-to-end supply chain / operations management
- APICS certification an asset
- Previous experience in developing and implementing reporting, KPIs
- CPG background is highly desired
- Must be systems savvy and be able to navigate through information / data in an evolving environment