Internal Communications Manager
CANTANHEDE - PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
(Please apply in english)
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Internal Communications located in Toronto, Canada, the Internal Communications Manager for Tilray Portugal is responsible for the development of the internal communications strategy and managing its day-to-day execution across Tilray Portugal. You will play a key role in keeping the Portugal facilities inspired, engaged, and informed with local and global team updates from Tilray Inc. This role involves delivery of internal communications initiatives, working with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver timely, targeted, creative, and effective communications.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Openly and actively contribute as a member of the Global Communications team to ensure internal communications strategy and messaging aligns with overall global communications strategy, narrative and tone.
- Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders: human resources, operations, quality control, sales, marketing, change management, executive leadership, global teams and more.
- Stay current on Tilray’s strategic goals and performance and identify opportunities to implement an effective employee-facing communications approach for Tilray Portugal and keep local employees connected with all global initiatives.
- Planning & delivering practical and effective communications; manage quick-turn projects.
- Write and manage key communications, including internal messaging, talking points, internal presentations, digital signage content, all company meetings and newsletters.
- Track and leverage metrics to measure the effectiveness of communications delivered locally by developing and executing internal surveys and implement improvements to better serve our employees.
- Bring new ideas to the table that drive deeper engagement through creative channels and tactics.
- Drive the internal communications calendar: announcements, events, all company meetings etc.
- Act as a a communications team ambassador and employee resource within the organization.
- Foster culture of pride and collaboration at Tilray.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking both English and Portuguese.
- An excellent writer with 4-6 years experience with internal communications, or corporate communications either in-house or with a communications agency in a similar role.
- A degree in marketing, public relations/communications, or journalism is required, or a combination of experience and education.
- A demonstrated expertise in managing integrated internal communications programs for a global or international company.
- Experienced in translating business goals/objectives/issues to various employee stakeholder audiences.
- Experience working with a public company is considered an asset.
The right candidate is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment demonstrating an ability to anticipate the future needs of the organization in a stage of rapid growth.
They are energetic, proactive, and engaging.
They demonstrate superior written communications skills, in both a corporate and creative style