|Position: Payroll Associate|
|Job Id: 1562|
|# of Openings: 1|
Payroll Associate - Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Associate will be responsible for multiple financial activities relating to company bi-weekly payroll functions. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for employees. Other responsibilities include assisting with various other payroll related accounting functions. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the guidance of the Payroll Supervisor, prepare and administer payroll for all company employees on a bi-weekly basis, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy
• Ensure that all salaries and wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees
• Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances
• In cooperation with Human Resources, administer employee programs (e.g. health benefits, bonuses, etc.)
• Under the direction of the Payroll Supervisor, Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Handle employee inquiries
• Process salary increases, bonuses, commissions, employee payroll changes, etc. as directed
• Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements
• As required, monitor holiday and attendance records for business units
• Collaborate with Human Resources and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date
• Other duties as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation would be an asset
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Experience in managing the processing of full cycle payroll
• Knowledge of income tax forms,sick pay, retirement plans, etc.
• Good knowledge of accounting, general ledger, journal entries
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
• Strong work ethic along with a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to manage challenging situations
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments across the organization, key business partners, and government agencies
• Must have strong problem identification and resolution skills
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset
• A proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|