Director, Internal Audit, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Risk, the Director, Internal Audit will be responsible for developing and supporting Tilray’s financial reporting control compliance framework to assure an effective overall internal control environment. They will oversee independent and objective assessments of business activities and related controls and provide best practice recommendations to improve the control environment. The Director, Internal Audit will be instrumental in the planning, scoping, executing, and reporting of SOX and conduct compliance and operational audits. This position will gain global business knowledge and understanding of the Company’s processes across all locations and divisions. Travel will be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the development, execution and evolution of the SOX program strategy in conjunction with external service providers.
- Provide oversight and manage the development and updating of the annual top-down risk assessment process in consultation with and support of control owners
- Support quarterly and annual SOX reporting requirements through documentation of material financial statement risks, entity and transaction level controls, and the underlying processes
- Manage and perform process reviews to evaluate current business practices, internal control structure, and existing documentation, and implement necessary changes
- Oversee the development of remediation plans, timelines for remediation and remediation testing, and ensure documentation requirements are met
- Manage cross functional teams who are responsible for conducting training sessions on topics such as compliance areas, segregation of duties, and sensitivity to systems changes on the control environment.
- Build strong working relationships with key internal control and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 8 years of internal controls experience derived from a combination of internal or external audit and corporate finance (preferred).
- Master’s degree or MBA in Finance or bachelor’s degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field preferred) with extensive experience in-house
- Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP
- Experience in a Big 4 with an internal audit/risk management role and/or corporate experience in an international group would be a plus!
- Self-management and strong U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) experience
- Ability to document and verbally communicate financial reporting processes in a clear and concise manner, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to facilitate change and adapt quickly in a changing environment
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulation
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time