Manufacturing Compliance Associate, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the General Manager, and working closely with the Tilray Management team the Manufacturing Compliance Associate will be responsible for ensuring compliance in the Manufacturing area to ensure the highest quality of Tilray products. The incumbent works collaboratively with various areas such as Processing, QA and QC to ensure continuous process improvements and addressing product and quality issues.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance in the manufacturing areas of the Tilray facility by creating product specifications, Master Batch records and Standard Operating Procedures
- Lead the investigation of manufacturing deviations and incidences reported by the manufacturing department and provide support for determining next steps as well as corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure manufacturing deviations and incidences reports are completed on in a manner that would be are acceptable for QA approval
- Complete manufacturing corrective and preventative action reports to ensure they are acceptable for QA approval
- Ensure all manufacturing corrective actions are completed on time
- Lead the Customer Complaint Investigation process including the documentation of all investigations for QA approval for the manufacturing department
- Establish and lead process/continuous improvements to address product and process quality issues
- Responsible for the on-time completion of all manufacturing department personnel training and qualifications
- Lead internal manufacturing compliance audits within the department to ensure on-going quality compliance in the area
- Develop and maintain management systems ie/ KPI’s, project management qualifications and education requirements
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution is required
- Three years’ experience coordinating projects to completion
- One-year experience with creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work for efficient operations
- Substantial attention to detail is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be customer focused
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills while being process orientated
- Very organized and hard-working with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Team orientated with a successful track record based on executing cross-functional projects