Strategy Program Developer - East, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Strategy Program Director, the Strategy Program Developer - East supports the development, cascade, governance and execution of our enterprise and business unit strategic plans by capability building among leadership teams to design and communicate that strategy, and deployment of consulting best practices that drive toward creating within Tilray unrivalled strategic planning strengths. The Strategy Program Developer is a master communicator and experienced planner, drawing on both formal training and work experience to navigate the challenges of process design, strategy building and cultural change management with perseverance, resilience, patience and style.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enable the development of aligned business unit and function strategies
- Be a central resource (advisor) and architect of building new aligned strategies in teams that do not yet have a formal, aligned plan – as well as supporting the translation of those plans already in flight to a broader audience or more structured level of governance
- Understand the dynamics across the business and help to facilitate greater collaboration around strategic priorities
- Lead and model communications best practices at all times and help to build this capability within the broader Tilray management team
- Understand how each Tilray Business Unit relates to the next, and in turn to the enterprise (Tilray Inc.), and seek to support each local team in their unique contribution to the enterprise strategic destination
- Seek to understand and liaise with key collaborator functions such as Communications (Corporate Affairs), Human Resources and Information Technology in order to achieve and enhance alignment of performance management practices and tools with the strategy
- Support the Strategy Program Director in overall change management efforts and in the proactive, continuous testing of created strategies so that the strategic plan evolves with changes in the organization, the industry and global factors and trends
- Gather and analyze the needs of colleagues at Tilray sites throughout the ‘East’ time zones (e.g. Europe, Central Canada) so that coaching of those teams is customized and right-sized
- Make the building of timely, well-structured, and aligned strategic plans your central aim, including the use of well-crafted measures and suitable (‘stretch’ but realistic) targets
- Ensure that the Office of Strategy Management vision and purpose statements and overall charter are clear to all team members, integrated and present within dept communications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education required; MBA preferred; undergraduate degree in Communications, Business, Social Sciences or similar; study of Change Management best practices and case studies preferred
- 2 years’ experience in a business consulting role required; start-up experience an asset; international experience highly preferred
- Sufficient executive presence to be able to facilitate interactions between senior leaders effectively; ability to mediate and resolve conflicts as they arise in the planning and strategy governance cycle
- Exceptionally high tolerance for ambiguity, an appetite and aptitude for taking charge of an evolving role and function
- Personal confidence, a very high level of discretion, and superlative diplomatic skills
- Ability to function successfully with minimal daily supervision, working in a location remote from the rest of the OSM team and with the expectation of consistent, regular communications and reporting to the OSM lead; experience with multi-site teams an asset
- Ability to think about the business, as a whole, also to grasp operational details when relevant; prior experience in a CPG and/or heavily regulated environment preferred
- Ability to “market” the value of disciplined strategy management, as well as to right-size that methodology for the business unit, team, or individual
- High to superior level writing and presentation skills – both without sacrificing authenticity – make knowing your audience and customizing approach to suit a priority
- Some travel required; ability to travel internationally required
- Computer literacy assumed – MS Office required, project planning software familiarity preferred
- Knowledge of audio-video technology and content creation ideal
- Strong and competent decision-making – assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Model the Tilray values: Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, and Pursue Excellence, and serve as an example to others of respectful, precise communications and professionalism