Manager, Finance Operations – London, ON
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company:
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Finance Operations is responsible to provide technical cost accounting support to financial and operational personnel and assist with the reduction/control of costs. They will also be responsible for ensuring revenue/expense transactions are recorded correctly and in compliance with relevant accounting standards. This position supports operations staff in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions and costs to provide management with timely, relevant and useful information to allow for costs-effective decisions. The Manager, Financial Operations provides financial analysis, analysis on changes that affect prices and profitability of products and supports month-end closing and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reconcile inter company transactions with sister company
- Maintain Capital Asset Continuity and documentation
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting activities are completed and a timely and accurate manner
- Perform all aspects of cost accounting including the preparation, review and analysis of product inventory costing, standard costing, overhead allocation, variance analysis and related month end processes.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems, cost analysis tools for efficiency, overhead spending, labour cost and overhead spending.
- Monitor production cost variances and related exception reporting to promptly identify key variances from standard costs. Identify root causes and review recommendations with operations management on a daily basis to eliminate key variances.
- Work with management to establish and maintain accurate reporting of product costs, margins and similar management reports to improve operations.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise for the development of labor efficiencies, rates, overhead and raw materials.
- Review costs on a periodic basis and manage standard cost updates for multiple products.
- Prepare cost estimates of products to establish pricing and production.
- Monitor cost and inventory controls, including physical inventories and cycle count programs
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the ERP system.
- Collaborate with the Controller to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve parent company goals and initiatives.
- Assist in developing and maintaining strong internal controls to protect company inventories; evaluate internal controls and conduct value added audits to improve the productivity of company operations.
- Document policies and procedures, and educate employees.
- Partner with Controller to implement and manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures of general accounting operations.
- Develop and build out accounting team as operations expand.
- BA in Accounting or Finance. Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) required.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience; preferably with experience in a manufacturing or agricultural setting.
- Minimum 2 years Leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high-growth environment.
- Knowledge of purchasing, receiving, inventory flow required.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information within an organization; both to finance and to operations.
- Self-motivated individual who will drive process improvements where needed.
- Advanced knowledge in all aspects of indirect costs, analyses and reporting required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- GMP knowledge and experience is considered an asset
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.