Product Manager – Wellness & Beauty, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director Wellness and Beauty, this position will play a critical role contributing to the vision and execution of the categories portfolios. The product manager will support the end to end delivery on product/brand strategies, including developing and defining brand and product and portfolio strategies, and regularly engaging internal and external stakeholders to drive teams to deliver successful results.
Role and Responsibilities
- Idealization and development of new products or enhancements, including recommendations for product deletions
- Manage the timing and action, identification of risks and delays, and drive accountability among cross-functional team members surrounding development of products and brands
- Product concept proofing, including identifying demographics or target market, understanding consumer behaviour through qualitative and quantitative information, potential subsequent variation for the product and ideal retail location
- Use market research, monitor market trends, gather feedback and consumer insights from retailers, competition, inside sales and consumers in an effort to better inform our product strategies, identify white-space opportunities, strategic opportunities for existing products, and key issues
- Conduct analysis on product performance, which includes ongoing tracking of financial performance to inform action
- Create and develop product information suitable for staff training and consumer marketing
- Manage and coordinate the product development project calendar and stage gate documentation for Wellness and Beauty team
- Conduct supply chain forecasting and demand planning with cross-functional partners
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable government regulations and competitive category understanding for both the US and Canada
Qualifications and education requirements
- University degree in business, marketing or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing, product management or product development
- Solid understanding of the wellness & beauty category and trends is required
- Previous experience driving a new product from concept development to shelf, collaborating on all aspects of the product/brand development and merchandising is an asset
- Experience establishing and maintaining supplier relationships is an asset
- Ability to work closely with cross functional teams including R&D, legal, creative, finance, procurement, PMO
- Independent self-starter - able to proactively identify opportunities, propose action plans, and drive them to completion – High degree of autonomy
- Strong analytical, negotiating, and leadership abilities
- Detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal & problem-solving skills and commitment to providing a high standard of quality work