Learning and Development Manager, Seattle, WA
is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
High Park Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
The Learning and Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a retail learning and development program to scale with the dynamic retail business. This role will assess and leverage the training teams of acquired and affiliated retail brands in both the USA and Canada.
What you’ll do
- Develop and lead the retail learning and development strategy across portfolio of wholly owned and affiliated retail brands
- Planning, communicating and implementing onboarding, certification, and continuing development programs in formats suitable for various settings, e.g. in person, online self-study and webinar
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of training and communications
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of learning and development objectives
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships for learning and development
- Effectively manage multiple and multi-site projects of varying complexity within set timelines
- Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources specializing in Training and Development.
- Five years’ experience in managing training and/or development in a high-volume, multi-site environment (including use of technology tools, e.g. technology-based training and webinars)
- Five years’ experience developing and implementing learning and development programs in a retail environment
- Experience managing complex, time sensitive projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to get work done in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Passion for creating great customer experiences
- Experience working in or curiosity about cannabis industry
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company
- Ability to partner and work effectively with store and brand leaders to develop and implement training plans
- Strong attention to detail, organized, disciplined, and personally accountable