Systems Engineer, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure the incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and continuous improvement of Tilray’s private and public cloud. This is a hands-on role that directly contributes towards the day-to-day operational support of all global sites. The Systems Engineer is a key resource in moderate to large-sized projects, managing all the organization’s distributed systems, applications, and hardware, in addition to ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security for all IT infrastructure elements. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Health Canada regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement various infrastructure solutions in support of business needs
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure solutions
- Analyze business and technical requirements, and drive projects to completion
- Conduct market analysis on emerging products and services, and develop strategies
- Liaise with various technology and business teams on new projects and initiatives
- Manage vendor and service provider relationships to ensure maximum benefit
- Develop backup and recovery strategies for various infrastructure services
- Develop and maintain various infrastructure processes and procedures
- Oversee and lead various infrastructure projects and task such as server patching
- Document systems, configurations, processes, and procedures as needed
- Provide tier 3 escalation support for cross-functional teams across the globe
- Develop expertise through professional development and personal studies off-hours
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource during evenings, weekends, and stat holidays
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience as an Azure Solutions Engineer
- 7 years of direct work experience as an Infrastructure/Systems Engineer
- Preferred certifications: AZ-100, AZ-101, AZ-203, and AZ-301
- Extensive knowledge of Azure products such as virtual machines, sql databases, backup, monitor, service health, migrate, disk storage, file storage, and archive storage
- Extensive knowledge of Azure networking products such as virtual networks, virtual WAN, VPN gateways, ExpressRoute, firewalls, application gateway, and DNS
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products and features
- Advanced knowledge of Azure security solutions such as Active Directory Domain Services, Security Center, and Key Vault.
- Advanced knowledge of various infrastructure tools such as Fujitsu SANs, EqualLogic SANs, HP Servers\Storage, Dell servers\Storage, VMWare vCenter, and MS Hyper-V
- Advanced knowledge in system architecture, design, configuration, disaster recovery, business continuity, storage management, and performance monitoring.
- Proven strong ability to write concise, detailed technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, including detailed network diagrams, system processes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders, and develop detailed task lists from start-to-finish.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. A proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.