Regional Business Manager, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the National Sales Director, the Regional Business Manager (RBM) is accountable for the sustainable growth of High Park brands within Ontario. The RBM is accountable for delivering the regional targets including net revenue, volume, market share and distribution; and will achieve this by providing strong leadership to a field sales team. As a mentor, the RBM will provide monthly coaching plans with the objective of developing a diverse and effective team known for top tier customer service and sales execution. Additionally, the RBM will be responsible for the Key Account management for the given region and will be expected to develop meaningful relationships, create customized sales solutions and build execution plans that will allow for mutual growth.
Role and Responsibilities
- Cascade assigned regional commercial targets to the field sales team in a way that best equips the region in delivering its sales objectives.
- Full commercial ownership of all regional Key Accounts performance. This includes volume, distribution and market share growth. The creation of customized sales solutions and the field level execution of all Key Account programs.
- Analyze data with the objective of developing sales plans that address the market conditions and positions High Park to win.
- Present routine sales performance reviews to national sales leads with the objective of acquiring the resources needed to win in your given geography.
- Use market insights, customer and consumer feedback and an understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate product preference and support High Parks efforts in creating an effective innovation pipeline.
- Build and execute monthly, quarterly and annual coaching plans that enables High Park to go to market with the most effective sales team in the industry.
- Continuously focused on recruiting, acquiring and developing a diverse group of sales professionals with the goal of maintaining a healthy pipeline of future talent.
- Develop and lead the regional engagement plan with the objective of retaining top talent
Qualifications and education requirements
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce or other related studies.
- 5 years recent experience in a sales leadership position preferably within a packaged goods, beverage alcohol, pharmaceutical or related industry.
- 3 years’ experience in Key Account Management with a focus on government operations is an asset.
- Forward thinking and innovative.
- Superior communication (written, spoken, comprehension) and influencing skills.
- A passionate leader people want to follow.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in identifying root causes and building appropriate actions.
- The willingness to balance both office hours and meaningful time in market.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company.