BRAND MANAGER, GOODSHIP - TORONTO, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Brand Manager is responsible for launching and growing Goodship edibles in Canada. Starting with strong customer & consumer insights, they will develop go-to-market strategy and work with cross-functional teams to execute. They are able adapt to changing regulatory and competitive environments to establish Goodship as a leader in the edibles category. The Brand Manager will be involved in establishing performance specifications, cost & price parameters, communications, and forecasts. The work is fast-paced, concentrated, and will require the successful candidate to be high energy and results focused. Individuals who are eager, love building new business, and have an entrepreneurial spirit will be excited by this challenge.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Further refine and execute brand strategies and programs that align to goals with clear KPIs, including digital, print, in-store, events, etc.
- Set targets/KPIs for all executions and measure/report on success
- Be the expert on guidelines by province to ensure programs are creatively & effectively executed within the regulatory environment
- Be the expert on the category, competition and innovation, and bring insights to the leadership team
- Manage new product development projects from concept to completion, ensuring visibility of all steps across the organization, clearly communicating timelines, roadblocks, and impact on other departments
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external partners including retailers, agencies, strategic partners
- Responsible for managing budgets across brand portfolios
- Analyze our brand and how it is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Anticipate bottlenecks and identify solutions.
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- BA specializing in Marketing is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience maybe considered.
- 5+ years marketing/brand management experience at a mid to senior level is required.
- Experience in food CPG industry will be given preference
- Experience in alcohol, tobacco and/or pharmaceuticals will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to set targets & KPIs and measure success accordingly
- Proven ability to handle product launch
- Experience with managing budgets and brand portfolios
- Superior communication skills (verbal, written and comprehension) are required.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative
- Result oriented supported by high energy
- Strategic with a history of solid decision making
- Embodies Tilray’s values of “Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, and Pursue Excellence”.