|Position: Senior R&D Process Engineer|
|Job Id: 1143|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Senior R&D Process Engineer
Reporting to the TAG manager, the Senior R&D Process Engineer is responsible for the efficient and effective execution of innovation or renovation extraction projects, extraction process improvements, and the development of novel products, intermediates, and processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Site ownership of assigned extraction and concentrate-related projects from inception to completion
• Engineering, design and execution on capital projects to improve or develop new extraction capabilities
• Direct and coordinate multiple, complex startup and commissioning projects to ensure timelines and efficient resource allocation
• Discovery and development of novel products and processes
• Driving towards patents and intellectual property for High Park
• Research equipment and select vendors on new equipment purchases in conjunction with input from facilities and engineering
• Identify resource requirements and escalate constraints
• Provide context and facilitate cooperation between cross-functional groups to ensure efficient progression of projects from research to scaled extraction manufacturing
• Assist the Product Development team where appropriate for development of novel cannabis-based products and formulations
• Work with the Quality Control department to perform necessary analytical testing of API, intermediates, raw materials and excipients as required for preparation and filing of regulatory documents
• Review and establish specifications with the Technical Applications Group Manager for novel products and processes
• Provide cost and man-hour estimates associated with R&D project proposals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Ph.D. in Chemical or Process engineering (or equivalent education/experience)
• 5+ years of experience in R&D engineering and/or biomass extraction experience, cannabis experience an asset
• 3+ years of cross-functional management experience including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, Research & Development, and Marketing
• Experience with regulations and requirements such as cGMP, ICH, USP, HAACP, or ISO would be an asset
• Enthusiasm for research / engineering and hands-on experimentation and formulations
• Attention to detail and efficiency in a laboratory or manufacturing setting
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Self-motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver objectives in a complex environment.
• The ability to plan, put together well thought out design of experiments, anticipate next steps and incorporate course corrections when hurdles appear.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Executional excellence, personal leadership and customer focus a must
• Ability to learn new products and processes quickly
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently is necessary.
• Ability to manage and lead teams
• Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a high-volume, fast paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to identify links between facts, ideas and situations that have no obvious connection
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|