Assistant Manager, Purchasing - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Purchasing. This role is responsible for supporting in the execution of the Canadian Cannabis & Hemp supply along with any peripheral materials that might be needed. The role will support in managing relationships & supply agreements with our current 3rd party Licensed Providers, as well as assist in sourcing new assets to seamlessly transition from prospect, to contract to operational status for new suppliers. Also from time to time this role will entail determining the need for RFQ and RFI to help the optimize overall logistic operations of a growing company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert on supply & sources in our markets
- Identify key markets to bring on regional sourcing resources
- Work with regional sourcing leads to contract & onboard future supply contracts
- Build relationships & represent Tilray with the international supplier/manufacturer community
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Analyze current supply and demand forecasts to ensure continuous flow
- Set global standards for pricing & quantity to drive improvements overall cost of goods
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials as needed
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Assist in PO Creation and PO management as needed
- A minimum of 3-5 years prior relevant experience (if Undergrad degree only, preferred) OR at least 1-3 years of prior experience (if Advanced degree)
- Prior experience in procurement/vendor management is essential
- Knowledge of cannabis products & trends an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills while being process orientated
- Very organized and hard-working with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Team orientated with a successful track record based on executing cross-functional projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders effectively while working with little supervision
- Eager to research and create new business relationships independently
- Ability to think out-of-the box and drive creative solutions
- Experience with understanding/interpreting financials and in managing a budget
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence
- Experience involving product pricing, packaging and brand positioning