High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Senior Manufacturing Manager - London, ON
The Senior Manufacturing Manager position drives activities to achieve cost targets and improve performance in the areas of true efficiency, safety, quality and supply chain capability while ensuring compliance quality objectives are met. He or she maintains positive employee relations while driving significant change. This position will work closely with multiple departments which may include facilities, security, supply chain and/or quality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Vision and Core Values of High Park
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety and product quality is a part of everything we do
- Identify and coordinate improvements in the operations area necessary to meet the variance commitments for the plant and cost objectives. Ensure that cost gaps are identified, action plans developed, and adequate resources allocated to meet all financial objectives
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Quality Management System, Manufacturing Processes and all relevant SOP’s and apply appropriately.
- Achieve all productivity, quality, cost, delivery, safety & motivation Key Performance Indicators objectives.
- Provide a work environment which adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Evaluate business unit capabilities, skills, and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that meets or exceeds division expectations
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations for all employees
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership, driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Administer policies and procedures
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations of the manufacturing department
- Develop and implement plans, policies, and procedures to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet manufacturing targets
- Review and analyze manufacturing systems and methods of work and implement change where and when necessary to control productivity, reduce company risk, and meet deadlines; plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment
- Oversee the development of manufacturing schedules that promote first time right and on time delivery
- Serve as a first response decision maker for quality, throughput, and scheduling issues
- Keep up to date metrics and use to drive improvements; troubleshoot and escalate issues that prevent the team from achieving goals/objectives as required to resolve issues beyond control of the team employees
- Prepare and participate in internal and external audits
- Provide training, coaching, and ongoing performance expectations for all team members
- A Bachelor of Science, Engineering degree or related discipline required and a Master’s degree would be an asset
- A minimum 7 to 10 years’ progressive management experience with more than 5 years in a significant production management role preferably in either an agribusiness, brewing environment, or similar industry; or any equivalent combination of experience and education
- Comprehensive knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and/or Good Production Practices
- Demonstrated ability to instill a culture of high performance, accountability, and quality
- Demonstrated interpersonal savvy and relationship management/networking skills
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and manage through difficult situations
- Excellent ability to delegate and can effect change through others without direct involvement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exercises innovative tactics and encourages others to demonstrate creative approaches
- Experience in procurement, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing equipment and plant service equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience in LEAN Manufacturing and Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), preference being given to experience in agribusiness
- Experience with Hazard Awareness & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
- Expert user in MS Office application including Excel required
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.