Beverage, Supervisor - London, ON
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Beverage Area Lead, the Beverage Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team to formulate and package beverages. Responsible for the efficient and effective execution of cleaning, preparation of flavouring formulation, cellaring activities, and packaging.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure the safe and effective execution of all duties in accordance with established company policy, procedure and additional requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance & KPI’s)
- Oversee labour tracking with xscan/ acumatica
- Ensure product quality and proper execution of all SOP’s
- Directing daily line work and executing the planning schedule
- Issue requests to procurement
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental SOP’s
- Allocate resources in consultation with the Beverage Area Lead
- Effectively schedule all assigned personnel including vacation approval
- Organize manufacturing staff, ensuring all operations are conducted timely and safely
- Ensure worker training and crew talks are scheduled, conducted and effectively documented
- Communicate work status and subsequent deviation within established timelines
- Conduct Inventory and report any/all deviations and/or requests for order to their Manager within established timelines
- Inspect all work zones and equipment regularly and report any/all deviations and/or requests for order to their Manager within established timelines
- Consistently evaluate worker safety, product quality, SOP compliance and schedule status
- Conduct employee reviews and recommend/participate in performance improvement
- At least 3 years of experience working in a brewery or similar industry
- Extensive packaging experience in canning and bottling using a variety of semi-automated and fully automated equipment.
- Ability to work safely with hazardous materials including CO2, acids, caustics and sanitizers.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or management role required
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment
- Prior experience with ERP systems is preferred
- Prior working experience in the Manufacturing industry required
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and through change
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations