DATA ANALYST/REPORT WRITER, NANAIMO, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Tilray is seeking an Intermediate Data Analyst / Report Writer (3yrs+) to collect, analyze and report on Data in the Cannabis Sector and to work within BizTech to establish and promote Data Access. This position will also work with business analysts to understand business requirements, specify technical requirements and test/validate Published Data.
Role and Responsibilities
- Designing and developing report mock-ups and prototypes
- Designing, developing, maintaining, testing and delivering high-level, global reports, training materials/aids end user documentation for Users using Tableau
- Document reports and SQL scripts, Views, and maintains reporting interfaces
- Performing data validation to ensure reports are accessing proper data
- Working to identify and resolve reporting issues: proposing potential process improvements to ensure efficient security and data integrity
- On-board and promote Tableau to Users with the goal of it becoming self-driven
- Provide recommendations on streamlining processes for data integration/mining
- Develop Data Sets for analysis and reporting, and processes for distribution to target audiences
- Gather data from multiple systems, analyze data, integrate data, validate data for accuracy and develop reports/scripts/inquiries/views, perform data conversions
- Work collaboratively with various Users, BA’s and technical resources to define the scope and details of each data project assignment; participates as a team member in design, review and planning meetings.
- Communicating with report consumers and other stakeholders to elicit and document
- reporting requirements and proposing appropriate solutions
- Successful Candidates are detail oriented, anticipate problems and provide solutions and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to or greater than a Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Statistics or Computer Sciences
- Business Analysis, Data Analysis 3 - 5 years
- Minimum of three years using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with data warehousing, integration, mining and report writing tools, such as Business Objects /Statistical / Analytical / Visualization tools such as Tableau)
- Previous experience with an ERP
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Facility is an asset
- Willingness to work in a highly flexible environment with multiple competing priorities
- Willingness to learn the business ERP
- Expertise in data extraction, database queries, views
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize and multitask
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills