Retail Project Manager, Seattle, WA
is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
High Park Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the rapidly expanding legal cannabis industry. Tilray’s newly formed Retail Team is charged with developing and scaling an industry-defining customer experience for adult-use or recreational cannabis. We are building a team of self-directed subject matter experts with the desire and ability to figure out what needs to be done and then do it.
The Retail Project Manager will be responsible for leading projects in new and existing retail businesses and serving as a thought partner in the process from concept to launch. This role will support multiple, diverse initiatives (projects) to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate different work groups across multiple sites, nationally and internationally, to accomplish specific project initiatives. Tracking deliverables and timelines such that progress on the project is visible to all.
- Create detailed work plans to identify and sequence activities needed to successfully complete projects, in addition to evaluation measures and objectives.
- Actively escalate serious issues with projects in progress, including delays or conflicting use of resources, to enable decision-making by leadership team members
- Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the retail organization and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.
- Champion and produce key dashboards and reports that track projects, programs and KPIs/Measures & Targets across the business to guide strategy.
Who you are
- Passion for creating great customer experiences
- Experience working in or curiosity about cannabis industry
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executives, sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
- Certified PMP or equivlent of education and experience maybe considered.
- 5 years project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5 years experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 3 years experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and Senior Leadership
- Prior experience in the commercialization process involving new product development mandatory, stage gate process experiences an asset