Quality Control Analyst - Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
The Quality Control Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data. This position is responsible for producing quality data and meeting strict turnaround times by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare and analyses samples for analysis according to established SOPs and standard test methods.
- Uses analytical techniques and instrumentations such as HPLC, GC-MS/MS and AA systems for qualitative and quantitative analysis of cannabis plant samples, data analysis and interpretation.
- Assisting in validate analytical methods and support validation projects as required
- Maintaining high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site Standard Operating Procedures
- Performing investigations of OOS results or deviations and initiating Change Controls related to testing methodologies
- Applies knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) on a daily basis.
- Reviews analytical data and results of testing to ensure accuracy and compliance to appropriate specifications
- Performing calibration and maintenance on laboratory instruments
- Support departmental by maintaining all work areas in a clean and orderly state, disposing of waste, cleaning glass ware and removing expired chemicals / reagents.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory for supplies required for day-to-day work
- Responsible for the safety and housekeeping of the Laboratory
- Minimum of B.Sc. (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology) with 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Proven and demonstrated theoretical knowledge of automated laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, GCMS, AA, UV, Dissolution, IR, UV/VIS spectophotometry and particale size analyser.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Take initiative and excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work well with others & independently.
Works well under pressure
Proven ability to effectively use Ms Office Applications, as well as commercial data acquisition software packages.