Production Manager - London, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the CEO, the Production Manager is a hands‐on position, responsible for the manufacturing site and on‐time delivery of Cannfections product. Responsibilities will include planning of production, effective management of the labor, formulate and recommend production policy and programs around production standards, safety, quality, maintenance and improvements to efficiency and capacity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervise, train, develop and evaluate staff at manufacturing site
- Coordinate communication and cooperation between HQ and manufacturing site
- Responsible for the on‐time delivery of products that meet food safety requirements and companies production targets.
- Trouble shooting production equipment
- Actively manages all aspects of operations functions including manufacturing, demand planning, continuous process improvement, maintenance (facilities/engineering), logistics (shipping, receiving, inventory management), and production management (personnel management, safety, training)
- Guides organizational decision‐making through monitoring of key metrics and management of goals, objectives, budgets, and systems, consistent with the company’s organizational and strategic objectives
- Works closely with CEO to ensure satisfactory sales fulfillment and adequate profit margins are observed while analyzing costs and identifying improved production efficiencies
- Establishes policies and practices to ensure the professional development / succession planning of direct reports, the optimized flexibility and efficacy of the overall work force, and the promotion of a positive working culture to maximize employee morale and engagement
- Actively anticipates and identifies necessary resources (personnel, equipment, and other capital expenditures) that might be required to satisfy strategic and sales objectives and ensures that they are in place, on time
- Foster and encourage the individual development of manufacturing team and help create our future company leaders
- Work closely with the team to implement and manage an effective training program that fosters individual team member development, internal career growth and employee driven decision making
- Ensure effective and sustainable safety programs and training for all production staff in compliance with government and company standards
- Maintain a hands‐on presence on the factory floor and be in touch with the pace, workflow and bottlenecks of our operation
- Ensuring the optimal staffing
- Working with Quality Assurance/Quality Control to coordinate and complete appropriate documentation to maintain our certification
- Participating in professional development which meets or exceeds the requirement to maintain any applicable professional designation
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous work experience in a hands‐on environment where mechanical skills were important is required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is an asset
- 7+ years in a management level position in a production environment required, with at least 5 years experience in packaged food production preferred
- Must be outspoken and have a focus on efficiency and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to think critically about processes and systems with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong project management, problem solving and planning skills will be essential in this role
- The ability to hire, train, develop and evaluate staff is crucial to the success of the candidate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Above all, the ideal candidate must be excited to continually learn about chocolate and confectionery production, be committed to the product and quality, strive to be an inspirational leader, and seek to mentor and cultivate a highly effective team. He/she must be willing to work late on occasion to get the job done and work alongside the rest of the team to achieve business goals
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Experience with Hazard Awareness & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be an asset
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org