Director of Acquisition Integration
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
This role is primarily responsible for all managing all Acquisition Integration activities of the business. They will manage the integration of new businesses, pre- and post-acquisition, and will be the go-to person for integration support and guidance related to M&A activity. They will work closely with senior management providing advice and guidance on acquisition proposals, analyses and integrations, in-line with the company’s strategic objectives.
The Director of Acquisition Integration will report into the Chief Financial Officer and is part of a growing global finance team. This is a new role within this team, designed to strengthen the expanding global business and support the company’s ambitious growth objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the executive teams across multiple corporate functions (accounting & finance, legal and operations) leading the successful execution of acquisition transactions from due diligence to integration, pre- and post-acquisition.
- Analyze and facilitate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures in support of the Company’s strategic objectives. Responsible for appropriate analysis of proposals, identifying the benefits/risks and illustrating the terms of a proposed agreement.
- Assist in the financial due diligence process, including coordinating with corporate departments and communicating information and insights to senior management
- Co-ordinate integration plans and lead the team through integration of the acquired company’s accounting/ systems/ HR processes, ensuring successful integration of new personnel.
- Consistently re-assess the integration of acquired companies and determine opportunities for process/reporting improvement.
- Assist with the company’s financial planning process, including development of the annual budget, periodic forecasts, and longer-term financial plans
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve tools used in the M&A process
- Travel required - both domestically and globally (with potential extended periods away)
- B.S degree; CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in professional corporate environment, preferably publicly listed
- Detailed experience in managing mergers & acquisitions processes required
- Understanding of US GAAP required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel essential, including pivot tables, INDEX and VLOOKUP
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and application of acquisition principles
- M&A integration: Integration Pre-Planning, Business Process Optimization, Accounting Integration and Consolidations, Disclosure requirements, Change Management, Technology Integration, etc.
- Expert financial analysis and decision-making skills for all M&A activities
- Excellent accounting process knowledge, including transactional processes and internal controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make balanced judgments