Process Research and Development Manager, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
We are looking for flexible, dedicated, and motivated Process Research & Development Manager who wants to be a part of a team that is passionate about our products and the success and growth of our business and to support the production and formulation of a diverse range of medical cannabis-infused product applications.
Reporting to the Chief Science Officer, the Process Research & Development Manager will be responsible for developing innovative new processes, products, and other new technologies, to support Tilray’s global research efforts. The scope of work will include new method development, analytical validation, and production scale up for development and production of various new cannabis-based clinical and non-clinical products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Method development for separation and purification of cannabinoids and other cannabis-based compounds
- Lead scale-up from development to production quantities, in collaboration with plant production personnel
- Assist in the development of new drug product formulations and drug-delivery technologies
- Develop manufacturing instructions, scale up batches, and transfer processes into manufacturing
- Design and perform method validations for new products, methods, and equipment
- Work with the Quality Control department to perform necessary analytical testing of API, intermediates, raw materials and excipients as required for preparation and filing of regulatory documents
- Review and establish specifications with the Chief Science Officer for novel products and processes
- Provide Chief Science Officer with investigational or summary reports on an as needed basis
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing of analytical and /or preparative methods
- Provide cost and man-hour estimates associated with R&D project proposals
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee laboratory analyses for compliance actions, emergency response, site studies, health and safety studies, investigations, and remediation
- Design and implement stability studies, degradation evaluation experiments; supervise technical staff
- Must have a minimum of a M.Sc. in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences
- Minimum of 1-2 year of experience with preparative and analytical HPLC, and other preparative purification techniques
- Proven experience in method development/validation in the pharmaceutical industry would be an asset
- Experience with separation and purification of compounds for drug API and/or drug product development
- Strong working knowledge of cGMP practices, standard operating procedures, and master batch records
- Knowledge of drug formulation would be an asset.
- Must have the proven ability to organize and prioritize work for efficient operations
- Must be able to work cross-functionally
- Substantial attention to detail is required