Information Technology Business Analyst
Interested in joining an award-winning air medical program that is committed to excellence and offers the best in patient care? Life Link III has been named Program of the Year by the Association of Air Medical Services and a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
The IT business analyst position is intended to support IT operations in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This includes providing IT application, infrastructure, and system support for LLIII employees and business processes. LLIII will benefit from an internal, IT knowledgeable resource who can address specific computing needs and processes. This position will work closely with decision makers in all departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also help define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years providing computing support and recommendations to a business organization
- Familiarity working with Microsoft Office, server environment, and operating systems
- Knowledge of Virtual Private Networks and wireless network system concepts
- Proactive customer focus, collaboration and project management skills
Preferred Experience/Skills/Knowledge/Training Attributes:
Familiarity with data base system use, access, and management
Information Technology project development and management
Analytical and Business Intelligence (BI) skills to improve existing data processes
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Familiar with Privacy and Security regulations (HIPAA) and data security/privacy best practices
- Provide project oversight support for IT developmental and implementation projects.
Handle multiple IT project responsibilities simultaneously to prioritize work and resolve technical emergencies as they may occur.
Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
Provide support for operational data query requirements.
- Support and maintain user PC applications in a network environment.
Consult with staff regarding end user computing systems and network-based PC/workstation software and hardware, system security, recovery and back-up procedures.
Partner with the Information Security Officer to develop, maintain and coordinate the information security compliance activities, architecture, security policies, principles and standards.
Address on-site computing questions and requests regarding user desktop and laptop computer performance in the network environment.
Assist internal customers with data extraction and report creation to support business analytical needs.
Support monitoring, maintenance, and upgrade of IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, and software.