Producers Dairy Foods, a Third-Generation Family-Owned Dairy Processor, is seeking a talented Branch Manager for our Bakersfield Branch located in Bakersfield, CA. The Branch Manager has responsibility for leading our Branch location’s performance and growing the business footprint for their respective areas. This role will be accountable for meeting all financial commitments, will own safety, and will ensure customer expectations are met every time. The Branch Manager will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Mission Statement and utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) resources in building team capability and unity.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior
- Meeting financial objectives for sales volume and expense budget control.
- Monitoring the performance of the branch against established objectives.
- Effective communication with Area and Sales Manager regarding accounts, competition, business opportunities and business developments.
- Identifying & targeting new accounts and potential volume.
- Effectively manage existing accounts including.
- Providing effective leadership to Branch staff, including Route Sales Drivers.
- Providing effective training and coaching to Branch staff, including assigning Route Ride schedule for Branch Supervisor.
- Monitor and evaluate branch personnel against available performance standards (KOIs).
- Ensuring the integrity of company assets, including commercial vehicles.
- Managing repairs and maintenance of refrigeration equipment, yard, dock, facility and other branch equipment.
- Managing efficiencies of load-out functions.
- Maintaining high safety standards.
- Managing inventory levels in vault, and ensuring daily and weekly inventory reviews are conducted and verified.
- Communicating with and effectively managing Distributor relationships and performance as assigned.
- Managing Distributor accounts volume trends and collections.
- Preparing all management reports on time as they apply to the Branch.
- Preparing daily branch deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Class B Driver License.
- 3 years prior leadership experience.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to motivate and influence.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of employees.
- Experience with handheld computers and other store receiving platforms.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
- Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, DMV).
- Working knowledge of routing software, specifically, Paragon, XATA/XRS & Fleet Controller.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Working knowledge of Employee Health & Safety Practices.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.