Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a talented Credit Manager to join our winning team. The Credit Manager is responsible for the entire billing, accounts receivable and cash collection process. This includes the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the cash collection of all company sales and minimizing bad debt losses. The Credit Manager will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and serving as an example of living our Producers Dairy Core Values & Purpose.
- Ensure integrity of the accounts receivable and cash collection processes and controls at all times, including segregation of duties.
- Demonstrating, promoting, and ensuring an outstanding level of service to internal and external customers.
- Monitoring the financial position of established accounts and addressing irregularities as they arise.
- Regularly reviewing the status of collections to assure that accounts receivable are in sound condition.
- Working with key stakeholders on collections to ensure timely recovery of accounts receivable balances. These key stakeholders include the GM of Fresh DSD, GM of Ice Cream, Director of Sales, branch managers, and sales.
- Responsible for investigating and verifying financial status of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings so that a determination may be made.
- Assesses credit risk of prospective customers, evaluating credit risk of marginal accounts, updating analysis for existing customers, approving credit sales, monitoring terms, and setting credit limits.
- Active communication with the sales and distribution functions to avoid and/or resolve any possible customer invoice and receivables disputes.
- Oversee the accounts receivable team members to ensure daily cash posting, daily cash reconciliation, and regular balancing of customer accounts. Provide detailed oversight over all account adjustments and write-offs to ensure appropriate collection due diligence has occurred.
- Strong internal communication within the finance department, including working closely with the Route Accounting Manager, Controller, and CFO.
- Strong external customer communication to ensure accurate and timely resolution of customer questions.
- Visiting key customers as needed – establishing and nurturing positive relationships.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set up process.
- Work closely with the CFO and General Counsel on matters that require third-party collection and litigation involvement.
- Identify system improvement opportunities, including SOPs, essential documentation, implementation and the training associated with these changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years progressive experience in Credit Management, Sales, Pricing, and/or Customer Service.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with the ability to translate findings into actionable items.
- Forensic mindset to investigate and resolve complex account activity
- Critical thinking skills with ability to problem solve and negotiate.
- Self-directed and committed to building a supportive, positive, and high-performance culture.
- Professional demeanor and strong business acumen.
- Strong understanding of credit reporting agencies (Equifax, D&B, etc.)
- Results oriented and focused on continuous process improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must possess a customer centric mindset along with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong computer skills - proficient in use of MS Office Suite required.
- Experience with credit scoring systems.
- Knowledge of the different types of liens
- Experience with Numeric Computer Systems.
- Prior experience with UCC filings, personal guarantees and bankruptcy processes
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.