Producers Dairy Foods is looking for a friendly, professional and highly organized individual to join our team. In this role, the Receptionist/HR Assistant will be the first point of contact to visitors and guests at the Corporate Office located in Fresno, CA. This person will be an essential member of the Human Resources team, responsible for general office and administrative HR responsibilities as needed throughout the department
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Be the first point of contact and face of the company to front office guests, setting a courteous and professional tone.
- Promptly and professionally answer incoming calls from 3 lines and transfer calls accurately to 65+ extensions.
- Screen calls, take messages and greet, announce and route visitors.
- Sort, date stamp and distribute all mail within the designated time frame.
- Sort Accounts Payable mail, opening and date stamping each page.
- Pick up and distribute mail throughout departments for dissemination to offices, branches and the plant.
- Accept deliveries of packages. Notify recipients and ensure that boxes/packages are removed daily.
- Provide support in recruitment, hiring and on-boarding processes.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of payroll checks.
- Maintain organization of the Human Resources storage room and complete employee filing biweekly.
- Become familiar with HR policies, practices and commonly requested documents and be able to field employee questions, hand out forms and/or delegate inquiries to the appropriate person on issues including: wellness program, leaves of absence, events, time-off requests, and other items contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain DOT administrative system, including ensuring all electronic DOT driver files are accurate and up-to-date. Communicate upcoming document expiration dates to appropriate Manager/Supervisor to ensure receipt of current copy to scan and upload into system.
- Ensure that Monthly DOT random test lists are sent out to appropriate Manager/Supervisor in accordance with policy and procedure. Follow up on those not received in timely fashion.
- Event planning assistance: support the Human Resource department in planning and carrying out company events, including summer picnics, holiday parties, and recognition events, such as barbeques.
- Data entry as needed to support the department, including special and routine projects.
- Order, organize and monitor company supplies.
- Assist with scheduling, calendar management, reservations, and meeting set-ups.
- Take an interest and ownership of front office aesthetics and common areas. Ensure that these areas are kept clean and organized.
- Maintain appropriate dress and personal appearance standards.
- Handle all payroll, personnel and company information (written and verbal) in a confidential and professional manner.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent required. An Associate’s degree or closely related certification preferred.
- A minimum of two years related work experience required.
- Must be highly customer service oriented and a team player.
- Must a pleasant personality and carry self with maturity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate good judgment, and problem solving and decision making skills as well as being an organized record keeper.
- Must be a trustworthy self-starter who can work independently on highly detailed tasks and deliver accurate, timely results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required. Must be “tech-savvy” and open and able to learn new applications.
- Must have a keen eye for aesthetics and take ownership in general office appearance and organization.
- Demonstrated organization and accuracy skills; self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects/tasks with competing deadlines. Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility should priorities and/or deadlines change.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence. Must be able to build productive relationships across all levels of an organization.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.