Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a talented Senior Maintenance Technician. This position provides maintenance support as a resource for the maintenance function to ensure effective equipment operation. This role will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Mission Statement and utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) resources in building team capability and unity.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify value, prioritize resources and maximize improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Supporting general plant safety, food safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are of the highest priority to the Company.
- Understanding and analyzing levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues and associated causation.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of entire plant infrastructure, facilities, production processes, equipment systems in order to effectively perform maintenance.
- Maintaining expert-level knowledge in multiple technologies, including but not limited to: electrical, welding, PLC, hydraulics, refrigeration, robotics and mechanics.
- Updating and monitoring preventative maintenance program for the Fresno plant facility.
- Helping to relieve and cover maintenance department vacations to minimize overtime costs.
- Developing a maintenance-related training schedule for production employees and assisting in their technical training as needed.
- Assisting in troubleshooting as needed on plant equipment. Performing needed repairs when required.
- Researching, suggesting, and implementing system upgrades.
- Analyzing malfunctioning machines and systems (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) and making necessary repairs, adjustments, modifications. This also includes boilers, air compressors and refrigeration systems.
- Analyzing and repairing specialized equipment heavily dependent on electrical controls,
- microprocessors controls, electro-mechanical mechanisms, and related components.
- Maintaining sufficient knowledge to be able to operate equipment for diagnostic and break-relief as required.
- Performing all work in a safe and professional manner and reporting safety deficiencies immediately.
- Ordering parts and materials as required for assigned tasks. Utilizing and maintaining the maintenance management software system.
- Identifying potential cost savings and cost avoidance measures.
- Maintaining professional and appropriate dress, hygiene and personal appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience in technical capacity in maintenance, electrical or mechanical environment.
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of electrical and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers Dairy participates in E-Verify.