Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a Night Transportation Coordinator to join our winning team. This position is responsible for assisting with coordination of vehicles and product to assure timely and accurate delivery of product to branches, distributors and customers. The Night Transportation Coordinator will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Mission Statement and utilizing a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset in supporting team capability and unity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Checking work and departure schedule to confirm drivers have reported for work and are on duty.
- Reviewing all assigned paperwork and ensure that it is ready for route departures.
- Communicating with the Vault to anticipate and communicate any load out delays, product shorts, scale issues and work with relevant personnel to correct and resolve these issues in the most efficient manner possible.
- Checking the yard on a routine basis to ensure safety and security related policies and procedures are being followed.
- Carrying duty phone and respond to all calls and messages in a timely manner.
- Assisting Vault, drivers and other team members to coordinate and schedule special deliveries necessary in order to meet customer demands.
- Maintaining and distributing the Master Error Log.
- Completing and distributing shift and late truck reports.
- Scheduling deliveries to all drop shipment accounts, distributor and company routes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Completing daily equipment schedule each morning prior to load out. Works in conjunction with garage and vault supervisor to ensure the proper equipment is available for load out each day.
- Assisting in the resolution of customer service issues, taking correct and timely action and following up until a positive resolution has been completed.
- Assisting transportation team members in driver coaching, training and accountability.
- Understanding and utilizing transport software systems for efficient route planning.
- Supporting special projects within the department.
- Assisting with ongoing communication on process and policy changes to drivers.
- Assisting drivers to help resolve and troubleshoot issues and support them in their jobs.
- Delivering clear and accurate communication related to deliveries, changes, scheduling, etc.
- Maintains professional and appropriate dress, hygiene and personal appearance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Class A commercial license.
- A minimum of 3 years of transport/coordinating experience, preferably in a manufacturing/food processing environment with a transportation division.
- Must be a team player. Must enjoy coaching/training and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem solving and decision making skills as well as being an organized record keeper.
- Must be a trustworthy self-starter who can work independently and deliver accurate, timely results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required. Must be open and able to learn new applications.
- Demonstrated organization and accuracy skills; self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects/tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility should priorities and/or deadlines change.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Must be able to build productive relationships across all levels of an organization.
- MUST be willing to work night shift
- Having previous knowledge of transportation based routing software.
- Working knowledge of routing software, specifically, Numeric, XPedium, and Verizon Connect Fleet.
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.