Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced Pasteurizer to join our winning team based out of our Fairfield CA location. This position is responsible for operating machine that pasteurizes dairy products. Our Pasteurizer will be responsible for demonstrating our Core Values and helping us carry out our purpose of Nourishing Lives. $21.90 - $27.35
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Must perform EQA test per shift
- Perform USDA seal checks daily
- Check temperature on culture freezer daily
- Runs butterfat and solid non-fat tests on all raw and pasteurized milk and milk products to insure proper standardizing according to Producers Dairy and state standards.
- Inventories all raw and pasteurized dairy and non-dairy products prior to start processing, to include all milk products, all juices and drinks, orange juice concentrate.
- Accurate working knowledge of computer based batching program and the Pearson square method to insure accurate batching and standardizing of all dairy products processed and to maintain a plant loss of less than 0.5%.
- Maintains proper brix of all juices and drinks processed through use of formulas and refractometer
- Maintains accurate and proper records, H.T.S.T. charts, inventories, and product batching records according to Producers Dairy and state rules and regulations
- Follows all federal and state regulations
- Starts-up and maintains separator at efficient operating level
- Sanitizes line and tank
- Collects tank and line bacterial samples
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times
- Maintains product flow through plant to insure all fillers are supplied with products as needed
- Processes all products for production needs, responsible for correct amount processed as well as proper butterfat, solids non-fat, total solids on dairy products, and correct amount and brix on juices and drinks
- Ensures the proper amount of vitamins in each product
- Ensures all load-out cream sales
- Properly cleans separator
- Reports any safety hazards of accidents to a supervisor immediately
- Other responsibilities as assigned
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Must possess a California State Pasteurizers license
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure Demonstrate good judgment, and problem solving and decision making skills as well as being an organized record keeper
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.