Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a talented Facilities Engineer Manager for our Fresno, CA location. The Facilities Engineer Manager will lead the maintenance and repair for all areas of the dairy processing plant. This role will lead all plant maintenance to attain an effective and efficient low cost plant operation. The Facilities Engineer Manager will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Mission Statement and utilizing a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset in supporting team capability and unity.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify value, prioritize resources and maximize improvement opportunities.
- Coaching and developing employees within the Maintenance and Engineering areas.
- Owning the safety culture.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs.
- Overseeing full wastewater treatment / refrigeration / boiler / electrical / control systems.
- Preparing and administering department budgets within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Managing all state & federal compliance issues (i.e. PSM, Cal-OSHA, etc.)
- Collaborates with the Plant Manager as well as Quality Assurance, Safety and Maintenance Manager(s) to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Maintaining plant quality / safety / efficiency performance standards.
- Overseeing Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects.
- Providing on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed.
- Facilitating hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today’s new laws and efficiency standards.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Promotes and maintains company teamwork in all areas. Assists others and performs other tasks as appropriate and/or necessary. Helps promote the positive image of the company in the trade.
- Adheres to all applicable Federal, State, County and local regulations regarding the sale and merchandising of milk and dairy products.
- Manage the facility’s computerized maintenance management system (MP2) to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Implements corrective actions identified by maintenance Key Performance Indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or commensurate training and experience. 7+ years of operational and management experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets and email.
Strong math and communication skills, excellent work ethic.
Annual budget creation and ongoing budget management.
Ammonia and PSM
PLC and Lateral Logics
Control System trouble shooting
Knowledge of Process Controls Automation included PLC and HMI programming.
Knowledge of Sanitary Process Piping, Utility Piping, P&ID, and CAD.
Knowledge of Grade A Sanitary regulations, the PMO, and SQF.
Continuous improvement mentality.
Ability to manage multiple projects, change priorities when needed, and be action-oriented.
Experience managing capital projects from beginning to end.
Prioritize complex objectives, with decision criteria.
Foster and drive an action oriented mindset,
Ensure duties of the department are executed with a sense of urgency.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with mechanics, carpentry, electrical, building maintenance, waste water treatment and refrigeration systems.
Ability and desire to work in a team oriented environment.
Experience working with vendors and contractors.
Experience working with perishable fluids, preferably dairy.
Ability to develop & execute lean manufacturing program a plus!
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers Dairy participates in E-Verify.