Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a dynamic and talented, Regional Manager for our Fresh DSD business division. The Regional Manager of Fresh DSD has responsibility for successfully leading our Fresh DSD business segment, including leadership support and development, sales and business development, shipping and delivery. This role will have P&L responsibility up to and including the annual budget planning process and annual operating plan execution. He/she will work closely with the Sales team to increase volume and the Operations Teams to increase overall productivity and profitability within the division. The Regional Manager of Fresh DSD will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Core Values and helping to live our purpose of Nourishing Lives. Substantial travel will be required.
This position is responsible for the following essential functions:
- Embraces our Purpose and behaves in a manner consistent with our Core Values.
- Implements and drives a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assists in the development and execution of strategic sales plans to achieve objectives for all Branches.
- Fosters a collaborative partnership with all departments including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Ops & HR.
- Responsible for developing team of highly productive and engaged teams in a manner to provide development and succession planning.
- Helps to develop and manage the Branch operating budgets.
- Develops and supports Branches in promotion of a healthy high-performing culture.
Developing annual operating plans and monitoring the performance of all branch locations within their division against established objectives.
Prospecting for potential new customers and turning this into increased business.
Monitoring and evaluating branch locations against available performance standards (KOIs).
Identifying under-performing branch locations and developing improvement plans to address and effectively manage performance gaps.
Monitors competitor products and sales activities.
Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
Guides preparation of sales activity reports and presents to General Manager.
Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly. Guides talent, training, and performance management to develop and control sales program.
Meets with key customers, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
Ensuring that all branches adhere to compliance requirements in all areas, including company policies, procedures and best practices.
Effectively managing direct reports through the internal performance management process flow.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Sales, Logistics or related field. Relevant experience would satisfy this requirement accompanied by a HS Diploma/GED.
- Must have proven track record of successful leadership, creativity and problem solving.
- Strong critical thinker who encourages and develops the same skills in direct reports.
- Confident, persuasive and influential leadership skills.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role.
- Strong business acumen and continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong Sales & Customer focus.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop and influence.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, DMV).
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers Dairy participates in E-Verify.