The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing effective leadership of a production shift, ensuring that we are producing the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while utilizing safe and sanitary food processing industry practices. The Plant Supervisor will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement mindset and serving as an example of living our Producers Dairy Core Values & Purpose.
- Effectively leading employees to meet company objectives related to plant operations including: hiring employees for the operation, setting goals and objectives for front line employees in support of department goals and providing formal and informal feedback/coaching as needed to develop those employees in the operation.
- Ensuring that employees are trained, including refresher trainings, in order to perform their jobs effectively.
- Ensuring safe working conditions are maintained by ensuring visual inspections are done regularly, hazards are correctly immediately, employees are trained regularly and all employees and others entering the area follow safe work practices. Also ensures that food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Reviewing and monitoring labor cost information to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations are maintained.
- Meeting production and quality specifications;
- Communicating if product is out of specification and taking appropriate action to correct the situation while properly following the Quality Hold Procedure;
- Knowledge of production goals/targets and supporting the attainment of these targets. Taking corrective action as needed when lines are down or targets are not met;
- Daily coordination with pack production scheduling requirements;
- Insure materials required for production are prepared properly and ready to be used when needed;
- Adhering to budgeted labor dollars for the department;
- Maintaining loss control on BF, SNF and fluid to set standards;
- Supporting internal and external audits;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role, preferably within a food processing environment.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.