Vault Manager (Cold Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving Manager)
Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a Vault Manager to join our winning team. The Vault Manager will be an essential member of the Producers leadership team.
Primary responsibilities include:
This position is responsible for:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement mindset and serving as an example of living our Producers Dairy Core Values & Purpose.
- Effectively leading employees to meet company objectives related to the Vault operation including: hiring employees for the operation, setting goals and objectives for supervisory and front line employees in support of department goals and providing formal and informal feedback/coaching as needed to develop those employees in the operation.
- Establishing and implementing processes and systems to efficiently meet the inventory management goals of the operation. Prepares, distributes and communicates outcomes and achievement toward defined metrics.
- Maintaining positive internal and external customer relations by responding quickly to customer inquiries, investigating or directing the investigation of customer issues and quickly resolving issues in ways that meet company goals and customer needs.
- Optimizing the utilization of Warehouse Management & Voice Picking Systems to maximize inventory & picking accuracy.
- Ensuring safe working conditions are maintained by ensuring visual inspections are done regularly, hazards are correctly immediately, employees are trained regularly and all employees and others entering the area follow safe work practices. Also ensures that food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Reviewing and monitoring labor cost information to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations are maintained.
- Overseeing the receipt of products, both in house manufactured as well as purchased, to ensure that receiving and load team has product to meet Transportation, Wholesale and Distributor requirements in terms of quality, quantity and timeless.
- Managing return to stock as per RTS policy.
- Ensuring an ongoing storage and inventory control program that assists in establishing timely & accurate production schedule as well as maintaining zero product or shipment of unsaleable product.
- Print daily loading documents and distribute to team as needed. Complete reconciliation counts and paperwork per schedule. Return all completed paperwork to accounting or other department as per procedure.
- Managing loading errors overs and shorts to zero. Ensures load-out errors (overages-shortages) are not existent.
- Checking all incoming products to ensure accurate receipts/payments.
- Managing case and palletizing program to ensure quality as well as accurate/timely loading of transports.
- Maintaining vault floor, drive units, conveyors, palletizer, drains, walls, ceiling as well as grounds around vault and empty case dock per company expectations.
- Working closely with Customer Service, Transportation, Production, Branches, to promote goodwill as well as ensuring a smooth flow of operations.
- Promoting and maintaining company teamwork in all areas. Assisting others and performing other tasks as appropriate and/or necessary. Helps to promote the positive image of the company in the trade.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role, preferably within a vault environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Displays personal & professional integrity.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
- Some college coursework, technical certification or preferably 4-year degree.
- Producers Dairy is proud to be an EEO employer. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits & wellness program.