Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced Blowmold Operator join our winning team. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a blow mold machine while maintaining the highest quality standards at all times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Operates blowmold/extrusion machine, maintaining quality standards for all bottles produced using good manufacturing procedures, maintains proper weights, quantity ordered, leak checks and bottle wall thickness.
- Maintains flow of bottle to filler at all times to prevent downtime or reduced filler efficiency due to lack of bottles.
- Possesses good working knowledge of blowmold to assist in maintaining blowmold in good working conditions as well as trouble-shooting problems, sampling/testing resin for quality.
- Helps Maintenance, when possible, fix problems and reduce downtime, writes work orders when repairs cannot be made while equipment is in operation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-2 years machine operating experience
- Blowmold/Extrusion experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous knowledge of basic equipment operations
- Demonstrate good judgment, and problem solving and decision making skills as well as being an organized record keeper
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problem, collect data and draw valid conclusions
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and speak English. Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish a plus.
- Work Environment: The noise level is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and/or cold inside the buildings. There is a continuous exposure to hazards including working around moving machinery and parts. FLSA Status: This position is not exempt from overtime.
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.