Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced and dependable Lead Yard Attendant to join our winning team. This position is responsible for direction and coordination of trailer movement throughout the yard while assisting with supervision over the multi-shift yard crew. Must be able to safely and quickly move high volumes of trailers in tight and confined spaces in a timely manner. Our Lead Yard Attendant will demonstrate our Producers Dairy Core Values and carry out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Training - all aspects, including job specific and safety. Work with all yard team members to insure they fully understand how to perform their job, including refresher training as needed
- Assist with positive supervision of yard attendants to ensure company standards and expectations are met
- Assist with weekly yard attendant schedule
- Perform work assigned by Transportation Manager to ensure successful operation of yard
- Move trailers to and from dock doors into vacant spaces in the yards
- Maintain yard in an organized manner - free from trailer congestion
- Effectively and safely operate yard equipment
- Start and check all refrigeration units and check throughout shift to ensure proper temperatures are maintained and recorded
- Report all mechanical problems to garage and manager immediately
- Maintain fluid levels and cleanliness of yard equipment on a daily basis
- Make proper daily hookups according to equipment list from the distribution department. Be aware of all changes in trailers and tractors
- Help Case Dock Personnel in unloading and cleaning of trailers
- Take and remove trailers and tractors from garage on a daily basis
- Take ice cream racks to ice cream department daily
- Pick up trailers left at ice cream department by transport drivers and refuel and maintain units in the yard
- Move tankers in and out of alley way as needed
- Ensuring each line is set up and operational from a quality, safety, GMP and sanitation perspective
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class A Driver License
- Good driving record
- Over 1 year Yard experience
- MUST be available to work extended days and hours or as needed due to business needs.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of employees
- Effective Time Management
- Safety Management
- MUST be willing to work any shift
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.