Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for talented Maintenance Technician out of our Fairfield CA branch. The Maintenance Technician will assist the production coordinators with specific attention to helping the needed functions that the maintenance department provides to the production group as outlined. This role will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Mission Statement and utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) resources in building team capability and unity.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify value, prioritize resources and maximize improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Conforms to and has department conform to Producers quality standards.
- Helps relieve and cover maintenance department vacations to minimize overtime costs.
- Assists in troubleshooting as needed on plant equipment. Performs needed repairs when required. Researches, suggests, and implements system upgrades.
- Analyzes malfunctioning machines and systems (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) and makes necessary repairs, adjustments, modifications, subject to management approval.
- Repairs production equipment, plant equipment, and related facilities as directed. This includes boilers, air compressors and refrigeration systems.
- Analyzes and repairs specialized equipment heavily dependent on electrical controls, microprocessors controls, electro-mechanical mechanisms, and related components under general direction.
- Maintains a working understanding of plant production processes, equipment systems and facilities, in order to perform maintenance effectively under general directions.
- Performs all work in a safe and professional manner and reports safety deficiencies immediately.
- Maintaining professional and appropriate dress, hygiene and personal appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers Dairy participates in E-Verify.