Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a dedicated School Route Driver to join our winning team out of our Bakersfield, CA Branch.
The School Route Driver operates a commercial vehicle to transport and stock product to its scheduled destination while staying in compliance with all State and Federal regulations and Producers Dairy Foods policies. The School Route Driver operates a commercial vehicle to transport and stock product to its scheduled destination while staying in compliance with all State and Federal regulations and Producers Dairy Foods policies. This position will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify value, prioritize resources and maximize improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Operating a commercial truck to safely and efficiently transport a variety of Producers Dairy products to schools.
- Ongoing and effective communication with Producers Dairy personnel and school staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performing pre-trip, inter-trip, and post-trip vehicle inspections and adjustments, preventative maintenance, and minor on-road repairs, as needed.
- Communicating with school staff regarding existing and new products and services.
- Managing client and truck inventory to ensure consistent supply is stocked.
- Effectively gauging, driving, and adjusting to a variety of road and weather conditions including but not limited to: rain, wind, rural and mountain terrain, heavy traffic, etc.
- Daily completion of route deliveries, required paperwork, settlement of routes and inventory, and obtaining payments for deliveries.
- Safely and timely loading and unloading of product onto and off of the vehicle.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- At least one year commercial driving experience
- Must have a valid, nonrestrictive Commercial Driver license (Class B) and a clean DMV record
- Must be able to have continuous concentration, alertness, and attention to detail while operating a commercial vehicle
- Minimum one year of experience as a Transportation or Route Sales Driver. DSD experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Driver Log system, preferably XATA/XRS.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of employees.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.