Producers Dairy Foods, a family-owned and operated award-winning dairy, is looking for talented Maintenance Supervisors to join our team! The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in the coordination and supervision of the daily activities of maintenance departments to ensure efficient operations. Responsible for ensuring all tasks performed by technicians and others are performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability. Provide leadership that embodies our purpose of Nourishing Lives and demonstrate the company’s core values.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Support and participate in the plant’s safety process.
- Effectively delegates work orders to the appropriate technician to ensure thorough and timely completion.
- Monitors maintenance team member’s schedules to cover plant operating requirements.
- Completed assigned work orders requiring specialized oversight and technical expertise.
- Assists with technical training of all maintenance team members.
- Ensure planned maintenance as developed by MP2 CMMS is being conducted in a complete and satisfactory manner.
- Assist maintenance parts department in establishing min/max levels of needed parts for processing, packaging, case handling, and blowmold departments.
- Complete needed reports related to machine and team member performance.
- Enforce all safety rules and inspect facility to validate machine safety including but not limited to lock out tag out, confined space, and PSM/anhydrous ammonia.
- Adhere to all company policies including GMP’s, safe lifting, ability to understand the basics of safe food handling.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Maintenance Apprenticeship members. Ensuring their work processes are accurately and timely tracked within the Work Hands system.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education:
- 3+ years of maintenance technician experience, preferably within the food manufacturing industry.
- Strong technical expertise of food manufacturing equipment, including how they work and how to ensure optimal operation.
- Effective ability to coach and train a team.
- Highly collaborative spirit. Ability to effectively engage with all levels of employees and departments.
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Ability to write reports and log documentation
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices