Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced and customer-focused Transportation Supervisor to join our winning team.
The Transportation Supervisor has responsibility for managing drivers for the Distribution function. This role will be accountable for meeting all financial commitments, will own safety, and will ensure customer expectations are met every time. The Transportation Supervisor will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approach work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engage in the Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify value, prioritize resources and maximize improvement opportunities.
- Leading a team of drivers while providing proper coaching, training, performance management and team development.
- Collaboratively developing and executing specific technical training, including owning training development plans to ensure driver skill levels are in line with company expectations.
- Ensure all direct reports understand, cascade and achieve the Distribution goals and KOI’s.
- Assume ownership of productivity within assigned group and ensuring metrics are achieved by the team.
- Maximize cost effectiveness of team through manpower and route scheduling.
- Participate in the development of and assisting in the execution of Distribution objectives and productivity initiatives.
- Ensure optimization and care for all distribution and fleet assets while ensuring proper maintenance.
- Own and promote a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Assist with accident and incident investigations, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Ensure proper employee relations culture and programs are executed.
- Ensure execution of Producers Dairy standard operating processes (SOP’s).
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory (DOT, OSHA, CHP, EPA, Food Safety, SQF) requirements.
- Conduct a minimum of one route training ride with each driver within assigned group during each quarter and completing the required SMART route ride form.
- Perform various shift responsibilities, including shift logs, managing duty phone, etc., as needed.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Valid Class A Driver License with a clean driving record
- 1-2 year’s supervisory experience
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of employees
- Experience with handheld computers and other store receiving platforms
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, CHP)
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.