Comp Range: $18.08-$22.60
Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced and dependable Yard Attendant to join our winning team. This position is responsible for direction and coordination of trailer movement throughout the yard. Must be able to safely and quickly move high volumes of trailers in tight and confined spaces in a timely manner.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Move trailers to and from dock doors into vacant spaces within the yards
- Maintain yard in an organized manner - free from trailer congestion
- Effectively and safely operate yard equipment
- Start and check all refrigeration units and check throughout shift to ensure proper temperatures are maintained and recorded
- Report all mechanical problems to garage and supervisor immediately
- Maintain fluid levels and cleanliness of yard equipment on a daily basis
- Make proper daily hookups according to equipment list from the distribution department. Be aware of all changes in trailers and tractors
- Help Case Dock Personnel in unloading and cleaning of trailers
- Take and remove trailers and tractors from garage on a daily basis
- Take ice cream racks to ice cream department daily
- Pick up trailers left at ice cream department by transport drivers and refuel and maintain units in the yard
- Move tankers in and out of alley way as needed
- Ensuring each line is set up and operational from a quality, safety, GMP and sanitation perspective
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Class A Driver License and Clean DMV Record
- Effective Time Management
- Safety Management
- MUST be willing to work any shift
Producers offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.