Producers Dairy Foods, a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for an experienced Plant Supervisor to join our winning team out of our Fresno CA location.The Plant Supervisor is responsible for providing effective leadership of a production shift, ensuring that we are producing the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while utilizing safe and sanitary food processing industry practices. The Plant Supervisor will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement mindset and serving as an example of living our Producers Dairy Core Values & Purpose.
- Building and Supporting Cross Functional Relationship with a commitment to Operational Excellence.
- Developing team into high performing group that work effectively together and cross functionally.
- Effectively leading employees to meet company objectives related to plant operations including: hiring employees for the operation, setting goals and objectives for front line employees in support of department goals and providing formal and informal feedback/coaching as needed to develop those employees in the operation.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the plant and blow mold.
- Directly supervise the plant and blow mold operations while providing support for vault supervision for load-out and product storage.
- Working with all departments to ensure the Plant and Blowmold areas operate effectively and meet company productivity and cost targets.
- Ensuring product specifications are met and production is consistent with approved product.
- Ensuring that employees are trained, including refresher training, in order to perform their jobs effectively.
- Maintain housekeeping in all areas of responsibility at all times.
- Ensuring safe working conditions are maintained by ensuring visual inspections are done regularly, hazards are correctly immediately, employees are trained regularly and all employees and others entering the area follow safe work practices.
- Investigating accidents, injuries, and near accidents, maintaining a safe and safety motivated work environment.
- Leading employees to maintain an effective safety program.
- Ensuring that food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Understands the performance objectives under which you will be evaluated:
- Productivity standards as measured by the KOI’s.
- Adheres to the budgeted labor dollars for the department
- Standards set forth with this position description.
- Maintains loss control on BF, SNF and fluid to set standards
- Assisting employees in maintaining a clean and well organized work area.
- Ensuring a sufficient inventory of raw milk and the necessary ingredients and supplies for processing and handling products
- Reviewing and monitoring labor cost information to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations are maintained.
- Meeting production and quality specifications.
- Establishing and maintaining production procedures, methods, and controls for milk and by-product processing for maximum efficiency and lower unit costs.
- Verifying that production department performs in accordance to specifications, that code dates are accurate, quantity and weights are verified and cleanliness is observed.
- Communicating if product is out of specification and taking appropriate action to correct the situation while properly following the Quality Hold Procedure.
- Participating in GMP, sanitation, and safety inspections throughout the production departments and issue the corrective action plan to correct any identified deficiencies.
- Knowledge of production goals/targets and supporting the attainment of these targets. Taking corrective action as needed when lines are down or targets are not met.
- Daily coordination with pack production scheduling requirements.
- Conducting daily production review meeting.
- Ensuring materials required for production are prepared properly and ready to be used when needed.
- Working closely with Maintenance and the Plant Manager to ensure equipment is in excellent state of repair and that efficiencies are continually enhanced.
- Adhering to budgeted labor dollars for the department.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with Producers policies and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Adhering to all applicable Federal, State, County, and local regulations as they relate to the processing, packaging, sale and merchandising of milk and dairy products.
- Maintaining loss control on BF, SNF and fluid to set standards.
- Knowing, understanding, adhering, and enforcing all company policies, GMPs and procedures.
- Supporting internal and external audits.
- Promoting and maintaining company teamwork in all areas. Assisting others and performs other tasks as appropriate and or necessary. Helps the positive image of the company in the trade.
- Maintaining appropriate dress and personal appearance standards.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role, preferably within a food processing environment.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.