The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for providing constant and consistent quality control presence in the production areas. The major component of this position is supporting production operations, spending time on the floor, and analyzing data from the lab. The Quality Control Supervisor will make suggestions to Operations and Quality Assurance Department based on the batching data, statistical process control factors, packaging integrity parameters and product specifications. The Quality Control Supervisor will oversee the input and output laboratory data and ensures that the quality control sampling program is adequately implemented. The person in this role will provide technical support to Q.C. technicians and production personnel as needed.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Build and Support Cross Functional Relationship with a commitment to Operational Excellence.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Ensure product specifications are met and production is consistent with approved product.
- Inspect quality of all raw ingredients and inspect consistency of end product.
- Ensure that company product “hold” policies and procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures. Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of product or the release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Verify that production department performs in accordance to specifications, that code dates are accurate, quantity and weights are verified and cleanliness is observed.
- Assist employees in maintaining a clean and well organized work area.
- Participate in GMP, sanitation, and safety inspections throughout the production departments and issue the corrective action plan to correct any identified deficiencies.
- Ensure that the entire facility is being strictly observed for proper sanitation, maintenance and GMP’s (i.e. parking lot, trash area, dry warehouses, vault, employee lockers, etc.)
- Verify and validate ongoing procedures for shipping and receiving quality inspections.
- Manage all process control documentation, review and approve daily.
- Train the operation personnel for proper quality control techniques and adherence to SOPs
- Identify areas of opportunities in Quality Control Systems, and work to provide resolutions and continues improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have Bachelors in Food Science or Biological Science
- Must have knowledge in Food Safety, HACCP Certified
- Must have SQF experience or 5 years of experience in the food industry
- Must be available to work any shift
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.