|Producers Dairy Foods, a Third-Generation Family-Owned Dairy Processor, is seeking a talented General Manager for our Fresno CA location.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of our Fresno division, including growth, profitability, quality, efficiencies, and on-time performance. The General Manager will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives, one at a time.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior
- Working in a manner consistent with our Core Values and promoting and exemplifying our Purpose in all activities.
- Leading change and transformational activities, thereby generating process improvements which lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with other Producers Dairy Business units to identify synergies.
- Providing leadership and direction to the business to ensure the annual business plan and P&L objectives for the facility are achieved, including growth, profitability, margin, operating costs, capital plans, team member plans, and other critical components of the annual plan.
- Partnering with the sales team to both influence and enable profitable growth.
- Work with finance team to insure to maintain accurate operational costing.
- Work with the sales team on monthly pricing strategy.
- Developing and implementing capital spending plans that meet the ongoing needs of the business for facilities, equipment and productivity improvements.
- Developing and implementing process improvements, which continuously improve on-time delivery, reduce operating and product costs, reduce loss, and improve product quality.
- Leading an effective operation that adapts, innovates, and develops world-class practices to create powerful competitive advantage in quality, customer-experience, and low cost leadership.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders throughout the company, including other functions and divisions, to increase long term value and achieve company objectives.
- Leading and mentoring leaders to promote a positive, productive and effective work environment consistent with our purpose and values.
- Engaging front-line team members to continuously create, implement and drive improvements.
- Partnering with Executive leaders and cross-functional teams to provide project leadership, business judgement, and analytical insight that support operational excellence initiatives and improving our customer and team member experience.
- Ensuring that best practices are communicated and shared internally and with other facilities.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and company standards.
- Continuing personal and professional development, including but not limited to: leadership, financial, and strategic skills, through internal and external methods.
- Completing other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field or commensurate training and experience. 10+ years of leadership/supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Excellent accounting and financial management ability.
- Demonstrated skills in leading and developing team members.
- Well-developed verbal, written and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly explain concepts at all levels and produce appropriate supporting communication materials/presentations.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans company-wide.
- Budget management experience.
- Ability to think critically and analyze data from various sources to make policy and programmatic decisions.
- Strong strategic thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to proactively identify key issues and risks.
- An exceptional thought leader who partners closely with other team members to understand and provide input and insight into business strategy, finance, operations and sales and marketing.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving approach.
- Ability to learn quickly and continuously.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.