|Producers Dairy Foods, a Third-Generation Family-Owned Dairy Processor, is seeking a talented Director of Sales for our Fresno CA location. T
he Director of Sales has overall responsibility for successfully leading our sales strategy. This position is responsible for developing and managing sales plans and forecasts and making highly critical sales decisions to grow revenue and profitability. The Director of Sales will be responsible for demonstrating our Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives.
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and serving as an example of living our Producers Dairy Core Values & Purpose.
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives with significant emphasis on Top Line Growth and Profitability.
- Developing and aligning a sales structure that is focused on specific channels with National, Regional and Local Account Management - with Top-to-Top call points across all channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business and sales plans including managing and assigning territories, developing revenue goals and creating team structure.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Defining the right sales structure, activities and performance goals while adapting to changing market conditions.
- Representing company at trade association meetings to promote products. Meeting with key customers, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Aligning with Marketing in creating sales presentations, position statements, and other sales collateral.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast revenue monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective system to ensure timely and accurate handling of New, Lost and Target customers.
- Develops and manages Sales budget and reports on monthly achievements.
- Preparing periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of opportunity. Reviewing and analyzing performance against plans to determine effectiveness and promote ownership and accountability.
- Actively participating in sales, strategy and coaching calls as well as assisting sales team with negotiating and closing new business.
- Develop selling strategy on new products, new geographical areas and or line extensions.
- Training sales team members to master positioning, messaging, objections and negotiation.
- Ability and desire to “get in the trenches” and work directly with sales team to help close deals.
- Develop and track sales KPI’s along with driving teams to meet and exceed objectives.
- Ability and skill in uncovering customer needs and pain points in order to demonstrate company’s value.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/ Management or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong Sales & Customer focus.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop and influence.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Is entrepreneurial, engaging and hard working.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & professional integrity.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.