Producers Dairy Foods Inc., a leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, is looking for a Boxer/Palletizer to join our winning team. The Boxer/Palletizer will be an essential member of the Vault Department. This is a physically demanding job in our cold storage. The successful candidate must be able to work any schedule and be comfortable in a cold environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a safe work environment and promoting proper safety behavior.
- Operating key equipment such as, automatic and manual case packer, boxed palletized system, pallet wrapping system, and forklift and electric pallet jack
- Pre-checking all equipment for moving parts operation, photocell control operation, micro-switches, conveyors, and supporting supply inventories
- Meeting applicable customer requirements, quality standards, product content, fill point, proper code date (box and bottle), box quality standard and finished pallet standard
- Completing all shift paperwork timely and accurately
- Maintaining glue in glue dispenser, supply box former magazine, wrap supply to wrapping machine, slip sheets in feeder and pallets in palletizer
- Monitoring shift inventories of supporting supplies, boxes, pallets, glue, etc., and informs supervisor if in danger of running out
- Assisting finished inventory handler as required by removing finished pallets to help keep the line running steady
- Practicing good housekeeping. Keeps work area clean and picked up
- Monitoring operation and reports any defective supplies to supervisor so they can be returned to vendor for credit
- Reporting any safety hazards to supervisor
- Cleaning, servicing and keeping ink jet printer fill of ink
- Notifying maintenance and assists with any equipment problems and repairs throughout the shift
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-2 years experience in production preferably in a manufacturing/food processing environment
- Must be humble, approachable, and honest, yet able to lead and hold other accountable
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift
- Demonstrate good judgment, and problem solving and decision making skills as well as being an organized record keeper
- Must be a trustworthy self-starter who can work independently and deliver accurate, timely results
- Demonstrated organization and accuracy skills; self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects/tasks with competing deadlines. Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility should priorities and/or deadlines change
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence. Must be able to build productive relationships across all levels of an organization
Producers Dairy offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan.
Producers Dairy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Producers participates in E-Verify.